Beginning on Monday, November 16th, Mayor Lightfoot’s Stay-At-Home Advisory will come into effect. This includes the following restrictions:
- Only leave home to go to work or school, or for essential needs such as seeking medical care, going to the grocery store or pharmacy, picking up take-out food, or receiving deliveries. If you do leave home, practice social distancing by staying 6 feet away from others and wearing a face covering at all times.
- Do not have gatherings in your home with anybody outside of your household (except for essential staff such as home health care workers or educators), even with trusted family or friends.
- Avoid all non-essential, out of state travel; if travel is essential, please refer to Chicago’s Emergency Travel Order as most states require a 14-day quarantine and/or a negative COVID test prior to arrival.
- Comply with City and State Orders, including wearing face coverings, limiting gatherings, and mandating early closure of non-essential businesses at 11 p.m.
- Practice social distancing and avoid touching surfaces frequently touched by others if you go outside to get fresh air.
- Use remote modes of communication like phone or video chat instead of visiting friends or family, especially on holidays such as Thanksgiving.
Northside Community Resources and our partner organization Northside Community Development Corporation are essential businesses. Our staff is available by phone or email and, when necessary, will continue to meet with clients one at a time and by appointment only. Please, follow these guidelines and encourage others to do the same. For more information on this advisory as well as how to get involved with spreading the word, please visit Chicago.gov/protect.
Questions for us? Contact email@example.com or call 773-338-7722.